Continuing education and professional development have never been easier. With ACA’s Camp Director Package, you can learn from the comfort of your own home or office at a time that’s right for you. From risk management to preventative maintenance, this package provides you with the necessary hours of professional development needed to meet ACA Standard HR.1.2. Critical education related to child abuse reporting, criminal background checks, and practical lessons from ACA’s crisis hotline make this a must for camp directors, particularly those with less than five years of experience. This package includes six courses and grants 7.0 continuing education credits through the American Camp Association.
- Criminal Background Checks - Dispelling the Myths and Confronting the Realities (ACA) - 1.0 CEC
- Planning for Risk Management for Your Camp (Connie Coutellier) - 1.0 CEC
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (Mary Everhart) - 1.0 CEC
- Lessons Learned from the ACA Crisis Hotline in the Summer of 2011 (recorded webinar) (ACA)- 1.5 CEC
- Understanding Social Media Norms and Developing Policies (recorded webinar)(Gabe Chernov) - 1.0 CEC
- Developing a Preventative Maintenance Plan (recorded webinar)(Dave Sherry) - 1.5 CEC
The cost of the course allows unlimited numbers of your staff to take the course until December 31 of the current year. After that time, you/your camp will need to purchase the course again for the following year. Your staff may complete the program at their convenience. A certificate of completion can be printed upon completion of the course.
You will be required to supply enrollment information for each learner. Watch for an e-mail requesting this information -- this may take 1-2 business days.
To ensure delivery, please add astearley@ACAcamps