The American Camp Association (ACA) continues its signature research efforts
into the business of camp operations. This Camp Salary Information was gathered
in the fall of 2006 in a survey of 1,797 camp owners and operators who were
randomly selected based on stratified sampling to represent the almost 2,700
camps affiliated with the American Camp Association.
A 52 percent response rate helps the reader understand:
- Current salaries of full-time and seasonal camp employees as stratified by
- Day and resident operations
- Camps sponsored by agencies, religious organizations, independent nonprofits
and independent for-profits
- Camps from all regions of the U.S.A.
- Benefits provided to year-round and seasonal staff and their cash value
- Director salaries segmented by tenure in position, education, age, and gender
- Expected salary increases for 2007
The Business of Camp—2007 Salary and Compensation Reports contains
four complete reports: 2007 Compensation and Benefits Survey Day Camp Summary,
2007 Day Camp Tables, 2007 Compensation and Benefits Survey Resident Camp
Summary, and 2007 Resident Camp Tables.